Friday, August 26, 2016

Kevin and The Lottery Analogy

"Please, Kai, please! For the sake of your sanity, walk away!!" Kevin said.
If I were sitting in front of him, he knows that I will never see his blue eyes because I might be afraid to agree with the ugly truth; shitty relationship(s).

===

Five weeks in Jakarta is not easy at all. I miss Hong Kong, I want my Sundays, and cuddling with Max, the goofy fur-godson. I'm struggling with my slumber, dealing with the new beginning which I don't like. I just don't like a new start, that's it. And I don't like to be alone. Kevin, my American friend trying to save me having a better five weeks. He's not a hero, but he's a gentleman. Actually, he's a hero, too. He saves me from the days that he knows I can't be alone, he saves me from a -so-not-fun group hang out, he saves me from someone who might checking my phone and even updating my iOS!

Ladies, if only every man like Kevin, we don't have to face broken heart. Guaranteed. I am not his partner, but, Kevin will let you know when the rain comes just because he knows you like it. He will stand in a long queue and make sure your coffee is exactly your preference. Kevin will be just fine waiting for you at the lobby even you're late coming for dinner or coffee. Kevin will roll you with a blanket to keep you warm when he knows that you have a fever. Kevin will close the door so he will not wake you up when you still sleeping. Kevin will turn on the lights just because he knows you don't like the dark. I would probably have a thousand list about Kevin, but Kevin is the one you worth to be with. You will wake up every morning with no option of being anyone you wished because you love yourself when someone can accept you who you are.


And Kevin will wake up at 4:00 AM to put a glass of water for you :') 

A glass of water. I still remember when I told my BFF, Christie, I want an ordinary guy who will tell me that everything will be okay, and a glass of water on his hand. And Kevin standing in front of me.

"Stop being too real", I said. I once won a lottery when I found Lars, it's a jackpot, and I will not win again. Now when I have you, my dear American friend with a perfect American accent, I think I won again, so I will not winning for the third time.

===

"Lars was real! I am real! There are more! My lottery analogy: Know your lucky numbers, DO NOT let the system randomly select them for you!", Kevin said.


But I just need a break, Kev....

No comments:

Post a Comment